Journal Paper Submission
Details for the Candidate
Instruction for the candidates
Each question carries one mark
It is mandatory for the candidates to attempt each and every question
There is no negative marking for choosing the wrong option. 0 marks will be awarded for attempting the wrong choice
The minimum marks for qualifying the test is 15 out of 25
Results will be intimated to you within 2 to 3 days.
Basic Grammar Assessment
Q1. Choose an appropriate option form among the following options
1. Having ________ about your suggestion for a few days, I've decided to support the project.
d. been thinking
2. The house will ________ at the end of the year.
b. be sold
c. be selling
3. A historian has found an ancient structure of a building in Morocco ---- discovery suggests that Moroccan influence was greater than earlier believed by other historians.
a. to whom
b. in which
4. Western scientists are conducting research on remote ecosystems, ---- is the Arctic tundra.
b. each one of them
c. which belongs
d. one of which
5. The years ________ French Revolution were the time __________ returning veterans started to trade for goods for consumption.
a. followed / that
b. which was followed / which
c. following / when
d. being followed / whom
Q2. Choose the correct tense from among the following options:
1. We went to restaurant last night and we _______ manchurian and fried rice.
a. Have had
b. Had had
d. Did have
2. She is in great shocked because she _________ a miserable scene in the hospital.
a. Have seen
b. Has seen
d. Was going to see
3. Gaurav ... the Airtel half marathon for the first time in 2012 with his father.
a. has run
b. is running
4. He isn’t happy because his sister ... his laptop without his permission.
b. Had been using
c. Has used
d. Will be using
5. I'm on cloud nine: my favourite singer ... to my city in coming winters for a rocking concert.
a. Has come
b. Is going to come
c. Shall have been coming
d. Will be coming
Q3. Rewrite the sentence into as directed in the instructions
1. The coffee was so hot that I could not drink it (Change in to a simple sentence)
2. He is too ignorant to manage such situations (Remove ‘too’ from the sentence)
3. Jerry is the funniest cartoon character among all the cartoon serials which kids watch now-a-days. (Use the comparative form of the adjective)
4. Study hard or you will fail (change into a complex sentence)
5. No sooner did I hear the gunshot than I rushed to the spot (rewrite using as soon as)
Q4. Choose the sentence which shows correct usage of punctuation marks:
1. Asian people work best in the mornings Americans do better in the evenings
a. Asian people, work best in the mornings. Americans do better in the evenings
b. Asian people work best in the mornings; Americans do better in the evenings.
c. Asian people work best in the mornings, Americans, do better in the evenings
d. Asian people, work best in the mornings - Americans do better in the evenings.
2. Father had to go into hospital he had chronic cough
a. Father had to go into hospital; he had chronic cough.
b. Father had to go into hospital: he had chronic cough.
c. Father had to go into hospital and he had chronic cough.
d. None of the above is correct
3. My family will be departing on Tuesday morning at least I think so
a. My family will be departing on Tuesday morning; at least I think so
b. My family will be departing on Tuesday morning, at least I think so.
c. My family will be departing on Tuesday morning – at least, I think so.
d. My family will be departing on, Tuesday morning – at least I think so.
4. In the words of Einsteins Law Every Action has an Equal and Opposite Reaction
a. In the words of Einsteins Law- ‘Every Action has an Equal and Opposite Reaction’
b. In the words of Einstein’s Law: ‘Every Action has an Equal and Opposite Reaction.’
c. In the words of Einstein’s Law- ‘Every Action has an Equal and Opposite Reaction.’
d. In the words of Einstein’s Law: “Every Action has an Equal and Opposite Reaction.”
5. Her mother however didn’t agree
a. Her mother, however, didn’t agree.
b. Her mother, however, didn’t agree!
c. Her mother, however didn’t agree.
d. Her mother! However, didn’t agree.
Q5. Find the error in the given below paragraph and correct the sentences as per your understanding of the text:
The Great Britain has been long famous for there artisan, the greatest of who was Charlotte Brontë. It is hard to find the educated women in the English speaking world whom has not heard for her fame. The novelist and poet born more than 199 years ago had become not only for Englishman but for the whole world chief symbol for British culture. She is the wide acclaimed novelist and a poet.
Q6. You are required to provide a blog comprising of 300-400 words. You will be qualified to write the blogs and articles on the basis of the writing ability you portray here. It is advisable that you provide a creative and non-plagiarized content. Choose one topic from the below mentioned choices: 1. The ideal Travelling Bag; 2. How to transform a house into home; 3. The do’s and don’ts of last month pregnancy; 4. 11 amazing makeup hacks every girl must try
Create a free website